Popular Posts

Monday, August 15, 2011

And Then There Were None (Book review)

          In two words it was a beautiful day. Nobody would disagree that this is wonderful day to go on a trip. Well luckily I am going on a trip to a beautiful island. I never planned for the trip but yesterday I got an invitation, inviting me to the island with seven other people. So I rode the train to the station and from the station I walked towards the port. As I got closer to the port I saw a small boat with seven people on it. So as I got to the boat, a middle aged man complained about me being late. I gave my excuse and the boat floated on the calm waves and carried us to the island, island named Indian island. We got off the boat and followed the path which leaded us to a mention. In the mention there were two workers, they arrived at the island yesterday as a hired worker. They said that the inviter was told to be running a bit late so he would arrive tomorrow. We were led into our rooms and we figured that all the rooms had a poem written on the wall, I didn’t pay much attention to it. The sky got dark so we decided to have dinner. The workers served the food and joined us to the table. We enjoyed our foods and chatted for a long while. When the dinner was almost finished, a man named Anthony’s face turned blue and then he fell to the ground. By the time we figured out that the man was killed by poison, a recorded voice flew out saying, “Everyone of you will die on this island and no one will escape of be saved.” We ran to the beach and we knew what was going on. The boat was gone and all of us were in the hands of a killer…
           Such interesting and thrilling book it was to me. This book was written at least 50 years ago by Agatha Christie, the greatest suspense writer. The title is ‘And then there were none’. This story was written a long time ago but the book still does its job, freaking people out. This book is not so long, however to understand this book you will need to read it over and over or read the so called ‘Answer sheet’ at the end of the book. The book itself ends with unsolved ending, so I read it over and over to find out the answer but I couldn’t until I read the ‘Answer sheet’ Also this book has all the great qualities for a great suspense book which is; a well written story line, a mysterious killer, and most of all good characters. About the storyline, the killing proceeds according to a poem.

Ten Indians went out to have dinner.
One chocked and ten became nine.

Nine Indians were all so tired.
One woke up late and nine became eight.

Eight Indians went on a trip.
One got lost and eight became seven.

Seven Indians were cutting trees.
One cut himself and seven became six.

Six Indians were playing with bees.
One got a bee sting and six became five.

Five Indians were practicing law.
One became a Judge and five became four.

Four Indians went to the Zoo.
One got eaten by a bear and four became three.

Three Indians went to the beach.
One got eaten by a fish and three became two.

Two Indians were tanning.
One burned to ashes and two became one.

One Indian was so lonely.
One killed it self and…

And then there were none.

           This poem itself is telling the future of the characters, so by this we can see the story line is well written out and figuring that the last line is same as the title, the author worked hard for the writing for sure. Going on about the killer, no words to speak about this element but if you read the book you will find out about the killer. The last element is character, you will find out about this element too if you read the whole book, but to give a little information I will tell you that all of the characters have a story that only them selves know.
           If I summarize what I said all along, it would be in one simple sentence; I highly recommend you to read this book. The book is for any age reader (If the teens promise not to do as the book) and I highly recommend this book to anyone who haven’t read this book. I also would phrase Agatha Christie for this book and many other writings she wrote. I have to admit that Sherlock Holmes is nothing compared to ‘And then there were none’. I hope after you read this book, you will find out that Sherlock Holmes is nothing compared to this book.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.